Aaron Emerson, CCIM, SIOR
With more than fourteen years of commercial real estate experience, Aaron has proven himself as a specialist in office leasing and investment sales. Aaron has personally completed more than 1,000 transactions valuing in excess of $250,000,000 and totaling more than 3,500,000 square feet.
Aaron began his career with The Vanguard Commercial Group in Dallas, Texas. During Aaron's time in Dallas, he exclusively represented tenants at the local as well as Corporate Services level.
Prior to moving to Amarillo, in 2004, Aaron was with Scribcor Texas, where he worked as a Transaction Manager charged with negotiating and managing a portfolio of 1,100 leases, consisting of 12,000,000 square feet, for the Texas Government. While with Scribcor Texas, as a 'Tenant Rep', Aaron personally negotiated more than 120 leases, totaling more than 1.2 million square feet at an average savings of 20% per lease yielding a savings of $10,000,000 for the taxpayers of the State of Texas.
One of Aaron's more notable successes involves the lease up and sale of the 31-story Chase Tower in downtown Amarillo. In just 2 years, he procured more than 50 new tenants for the Tower taking it from 62% occupied to 98%, more than doubling the value of the asset.
Currently, Aaron exclusively leases more than 630,000 square feet of commercial office space in Amarillo including: The Historic Amarillo Building, Wells Fargo Center, Helm Plaza I & II, POB II and the Chase Tower.
Aaron earned his CCIM designation 2008. A CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) is a recognized expert in the disciplines of commercial and investment real estate. Six percent (6%) of the estimated 150,000 commercial real estate practitioners nationwide hold the CCIM designation.
In July of 2011 Aaron earned the designation of SIOR. Real estate professionals who have earned the SIOR designation are recognized by corporate real estate executives, commercial real estate brokers, agents, lenders, and other real estate professionals as the most capable and experienced brokerage practitioners in any market.
Aaron currently serves as a board member for the Panhandle Cancer Cure Foundation and additionally serves on the Chapter Advisory Committee for the Texas Alpha Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon at Texas Tech University.
Aaron holds a bachelor's degree in Business Marketing from Texas Tech University. He and his wife, Erin, have three sons.
- Xcel Energy – 100,000 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- Amarillo Club – 19,200 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- Willis of Texas – 11,500 sq.ft. – Tenant Rep
- B&F Law Firm - 17,500 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- GSEC – 33,000 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- OAG – 10,000 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- Marsh Enterprises – 10,000 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- PFP&P Law Firm – 10,000 sq.ft. – Office Lease
- CCB&B Law Firm – 7,812 sq.ft. - Office Lease
- CMMS – 10,000 sq.ft. – Tenant Rep
- NWTX Surgery Center – 23,000 sq.ft. Med Lease
- GSA – Census – 6,200 sq.ft. - Office Lease
- Chicago Title – 6,421 sq.ft. – Tenant Rep
- Conoco Phillips – 8,000 sq.ft. Office Lease
- WTA&M University – 30,516 sq.ft. - Office Lease
- Chase Tower Sale $20MM Asking Price
- Fisk Building Sale $2.1MM Asking Price
- JP Morgan Chase - 20,000 sq.ft. - Office Lease
- TX DHS – 144,000 sq. ft. – Tenant Rep
- Blue Cross – 18,000 sq.ft. - Office Lease
- Best Western Amarillo Inn – Sold- $4.3MM asking price
- TX DHS – 21,000 sq.ft. – Tenant Rep
© 2013 Gaut & Whittenburg Commercial Real Estate.